Puzzles are a great opportunity for kids to learn to problem-solve from a young age. They are both fun and educational without your child even realizing it which is the best part. This is why puzzles are a great toy for your 2 year old so we compiled a list of the 5 puzzles for 2 year old kids for you.
Puzzles can range from very easy to very hard, so selecting the right puzzle for your 2 year old is key so they can solve it and gain confidence while doing so. Then, as they grow, you can continue to give them more advanced puzzles which will be a key component to their brain development, hand-eye coordination, problem-solving skills, and critical thinking. This makes puzzles an amazing toy for kids that are 2 years old through adulthood.
With this, we now bring you the list of our choices for the best puzzles for a 2 year old toddler.
5 Best Puzzles For 2 Year Old
7 Pack Wooden Puzzles for 2 years old Toddlers
We love this puzzle pack because it comes with a lot of options that your child can use to learn and grow over the years. It has different puzzles to help your 2 year old learn numbers, letters, shapes, fruits, and animals from the land, air, and sea.
With all these options, this puzzle set will surely help your 2 year old toddler get ready for school with all the educational tools it provides: hand-eye coordination, memory, pre-reading skills, and fine motor skill just to name a few.
- There are no sharp corners on this puzzle ensuring the safety of your 2 year old as they play with all 7 puzzles
- Thick wood construction guarantees a longer life for the puzzles which means your 2 year old can enjoy them for years as they grow and learn
- Pictures under the puzzle pieces help with matching, so the child has something other than just shapes to use as a way to solve the puzzles
- This bundle of toddler puzzles for 2 year olds is a great present idea for Christmas, Birthday, Preschool Events, Toddler Party, and School games
The Learning Journey: My First Match It – Head and Tails – Animal Matching Puzzles
This puzzle for your 2 year old toddler can be his or her first experience with a jigsaw puzzle. These 2-piece puzzles will help your 2 year old kid learn about animals while matching the head to the tail for each one. The simple jigsaw puzzles are a great starter when you just give your child 2 pieces that match and have them put it together, then as their fine motor skills and cognitive abilities improve, you can make it more challenging by giving them more and more puzzle and having them remember which pieces go together. A perfect puzzle for parents to spend time with their children as they grow.
- Your toddler will love the animal theme while putting each head to the correct tail.
- Colorfully illustrated puzzles create many opportunities for communication and learning for you and your 2 year old.
- The My First Match It! puzzles are designed to provide just the right level of challenge for the individual child with the ability to increase the difficulty by giving them more puzzle pieces to match together.
- A great way to develop basic problem-solving skills like creative thinking and perseverance.
- Frustration-free as only each puzzle piece only fits with its matching puzzle piece
- Completing a puzzle correctly, no matter how simple, will be very rewarding for your child and help them gain confidence.
Fat Brain Toys Wooden Personalized Name Puzzle
A perfect puzzle for your 2 year old as it is customized with his or her name. Your kid can feel extra special when they are putting together a puzzle that was made specifically for them, helping them learn how to spell their name in the process. As a parent, it will bring a huge smile to your face as your 2 year old finishes up their custom name puzzle. Maybe with a little help from you!
- Customized and made to order puzzle just for your and your 2 year old
- Can be made with any name (including spaces) as long as it is 9 characters or less
- The perfect puzzle for your 2 year old to learn then hang it in your kid’s room as a decoration
- ENCOURAGES FINE MOTOR SKILLS, LETTER RECOGNITION, spelling skills; a delightful self-esteem boost
- Helps with spelling skills, letter recognition, fine motor skills, and self-esteem boost when your 2 year old finishes their custom name puzzle
- Vibrant colored letters (chosen randomly). The letters are 3 inches tall and the base is 4.5 inches tall
Melissa & Doug Wooden Peg Puzzle for 2 Year Old – 6 Pack of Numbers, Letters, Animals, and Vehicles
Another puzzle pack, this time from the popular brand Melissa and Doug. This 6 pack of puzzles for your 2 year old contains letters, number, farm animals, vehicles, safari animals, and pets.
All of these puzzles will help your child’s knowledge grow and expand before your very eyes. With every puzzle your kid solves, they will become smarter and more confident.
- Set of 6 wooden peg puzzles
- Puzzles included are a 10-piece numbers puzzle, a 26-Piece alphabet puzzle, an 8-piece farm animal puzzle, an 8-piece pets puzzle, a 7-piece safari animals puzzle, and an 8-piece vehicles puzzle
- Pictures under each piece help your 2 year old solve the puzzles
Melissa & Doug Latches Board Puzzle
This is our final pick for the best puzzles for 2 year olds, again from Melissa and Doug who has been called the gold standard in early childhood play. This one is a little more advanced for your child who is a puzzle-solving master! This has 6 doors with latches that will take your kid’s motor skills to the next level. What is hiding behind each door? Your 2 year old can open the latches in this puzzle and find out!
Beyond the latches, there are lots of numbers, bright colors, and other surprises waiting for you and your 2 year old to spend hours together playing, while also learning.
- The puzzle that will bring joy while also helping your child develop motor skills and finger dexterity
- This puzzle is made of solid wood so it will last as long as your child can learn from it.
- This puzzle will help your 2 year old build fine and gross motor skills while discovering numbers, vibrant colors, animals, and more.